Monday, September 22, 2008

Time out for the girls!!!



This past weekend I meet up with 6 of my sisters for a girls weekend in Las Vegas. We had a blast. We picked Las Vegas so we could attend the Time Out for Women seminar. It was a little deeper than our usual girls trip that would include shopping, pedicures, eating out and talking all night. On Friday we had tickets to a seminar called "life Seminar" a fresh look at life, learning and leadership. Wow, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. We were giving a workbook when we entered and expected to work. We had to dig deep and do some major soul searching. It was filled with so much valuable and practical information. It was so professional yet we felt touched by the spirit on those specific things we were meant to hear. I have already used one of the conflict management worksheets on my hubby - not that we have any serious conflicts - but it did help focus in on a specific issue we were dealing with. I am sure he is thrilled I went,j.k.:) Next year this will be presented in a webinar so check it out on Deseret Book for updates, I would totally recommend it. Saturday was the more typical Time out that I had attended before. It was awesome and inspirational.The theme for the day was living a "joyful life" I am definetly on board with that. Good times. Thanks to Jeff for handling the kids without any complaint and for missing me. You are the best!!! The weekend was a little bitter sweet since my little sis, Kari is moving tomorrow from Newport Beach to Plymouth, MA. Thank you so much for making the effort to get to Vegas. I know it was a sacrafice. I appreciate it more than you know. Tara and Cheri I hope you can make the trip next year - I love you girls so much and love that we take time to be together.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Hey someone had to stay home to watch Kari's kids. I'm glad you all had fun. I hope I can make it next year. It sounds awesome.

Michelle said...

That is awesome. Your comments were super touching. You are so blessed to have such a great extended family and close, loving relationships.

Sara said...

Sounds like it was amazing. I'm ready... where do i sign up!

Heather said...

:) I'm glad you had a good time! You'll totally be able to use the stuff you learned in that seminar in your new calling! :) I know you will be great in there!