Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mom, can I go to the school Dance???


O.K. so Evan just started 6th grade (middle school)and is doing well with everything so far. Last week he asked me if he could go to the after school dance. What do I do? Do I go and stand in the back, keep him home AGHHHH? I wasn't quite prepared for this - but I remember going to after school skates in Jr High. The school is pretty strict and I felt comfortable with the supervision, so I let him go. Evan was trying to convince his buddy in the carpool to go. His friend had no interest in dancing with girls. Evan said, "We don't have to dance with girls until our Prom." I thought that was pretty cute. He went and ended up having a good time and hung out mostly with his buddy's. He's growing up too fast.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Boy, this sounds familiar! I remember us being afraid to ask our parents if we could attend our first dance in 7th grade! Good choice in letting him go! I wonder what I'll decide when it's my turn. Yikes! They grow up way too fast!

The Gray Family said...

Ha ha...I remember going to the end of school dance in 6th grade. All the girls stood on one side of the cafeteria, and all the boys stood on the other. Not much to worry about there! Have fun with Amy playing the trombone...at least she won't have any competition :>) By the way, I know you guys are the Pirates...the beer was from the team that played before you I think (they stayed to watch). Sorry for any misunderstanding!

melissa gargalis said...

Holy freak! I can't even comprehend that. Greg and I still crack jokes about the "when they" start dating and being teenagers. He seems like a good boy-it's a good phase where they still think girls have cooties =)

Heather said...

Nice! What a good Mom you are! Trust them till they show you that you can't! Then you can be mean.. I think that's how I plan on doing it... we'll see I guess! :) I feel for you!