Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In our stake we are able to purchase peaches and plums every summer. They are great quality and such a great deal. Since I moved here I have learned so much about canning, freezing and anything you can do with this fruit. This year some of my "little sista's" from my ward came over to can and make pies and jam. It was fun to visit and help each other process all of our fruit. There were 13 (almost 15) kids, 4 hubby's, pot luck crock pot dinner and plenty of chaos as you can see by the photo. My sister in law Tara came over the day before and in 2 days we processed approx 140lbs of peaches and 50lbs of plums. Good times and tasty goodies for our families.
I just wanted to post a follow up to prove that my kitchen has recovered. I am glad we are done for this year and am very happy to have my pantry stocked for the winter.

7 comments:

The Gray Family said...

love the blog Marcie! You are a brave woman with your kitchen...all the canning, and the dream dinners night..you are a trooper!

Meagan said...

So I did the jamming today and it made the biggest mess I've ever seen! Thanks for teaching me a couple years ago, I think I remembered most of it, we'll see how it turns out! Nice to seee you blogging

Anonymous said...

WOW, CLEANED UP NICELY!! All because of you WE HAD A BLAST!! THANK YOU, you are AWESOME!! ;)

Heather said...

Oh yeah! You clean up nice, I'm impressed! It was a lot of fun, thanks for hosting! :)

Tara said...

It was fun!!! And your kitchen looks like we were never there. Welcome to the blog world! Yay! Now no more excuses about lurking on mine :)

melissa gargalis said...

Welcome to the blog world. Super cute! Next summer I'll have to do peaches too, they are always so good.

Niki McDowell said...

It was so much fun doing that. Thanks for offering your kitchen and letting us destroy it for the day. I was so glad to get all that canning done. Thanks again.